Massive Darkness Agents WIP 4

Continuing with the skirts, I finished out the Dusky Skin triad, to keep things simple. Similarly, I did the same using Clotted and Carnage Reds to finish the hood/sashes.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 5
Massive Darkness Agents WIP 5

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 3

On to the flesh tones. For the dwarf, I used Muddy Soil, Dark Skin, Redstone Highlight, Tanned Skin and VMC Ivory. For the goblin, it was Black Green, Ghoul Skin, Moldy Skin and VMC Ivory. For the orc, Midnight Blue, Twilight Blue, Snow Shadow and Ghost White.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 4
Massive Darkness Agents WIP 4

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 1

Tried zenithal priming these guys with an airbrush…results about the same as a rattle can, with way more cleanup. Don’t really want to spend any time learning airbrush skills, so be it.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 1
Massive Darkness Agents WIP 1

I then base coated the skin for each as follows: Orc, Twilight Blue; Dwarf, Dark Skin; Goblin, mix of Ghoul Skin and Black Green. Leather, skirts and misc were base coated in Dusky Skin Shadow.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 2
Massive Darkness Agents WIP 2

Zombicide Season One Walker 2

Been wanting to get back into painting a mini now and again, probably nothing more than tabletop for a while. So I took a couple hours to slap some paint on this guy I had sitting on the shelf, already primed.

Zombicide Season One Walker 2
Zombicide Season One Walker 2
Zombicide Season One Walker 2
Zombicide Season One Walker 2

So I think I’ve mostly forgotten how to paint minis. Didn’t help that I snagged the wrong paper for my wet palette, it was a square of tracing paper, so it was a total mess!

KD:M King’s Man WIP 2

What’s a couple years between WIP updates between friends? Dusted off this fine plastic model (ok, he was under a cover and not dusty). Spent an hour messing around trying to remember how brushes work. Some base coats and messing with how nmm works again…

King's Man WIP 2
King’s Man WIP 2

Ufhilloss Prep and a New Display

Here’s the more or less assembled Ufhilloss. Still needs a solid round of green stuffing and probably going to pin those arms, too…

Ufhilloss_prep_4.jpg

And a new acquisition from Japan, something to keep things dust-free on the workbench!

Tiered_display.jpg

Ufhilloss Prep

I’m hoping to start getting in some time with minis between my other projects, so I’ll go ahead and fire up a WIP post.

The other night I started cleaning up a Mierce snake and found a bubble in a terrible spot, right at the sword hilt. So I took it as an opportunity to learn another kind of pinning, though the existing hilt. In the process of doing this, I snapped the hilt again between the hands, which was actually ok as I wanted to pin through to the other hand anyway.

Ufhilloss_prep_1.jpgUfhilloss_prep_2.jpg

And the right arm pinned and glued, as well.

Ufhilloss_prep_3.jpg

I’m probably going to have to paint the arms separate, since they cross over the body. Ditto the tail segment, it loops next to itself. I’ve never painted a mini in parts before, should be interesting.

Still need to pin the body to the lower half, assemble the tail, create pins for assembling the 3 sections later, then figure out a base.

KDSFTK WIP 8

Some more pinks, and the metals roughed in. Not sure if I just want to call it done and move on or spend time blending stuff out, as it’s super rough. I was really feeling a lot better about my brush control overall today, so I’m already calling it a win as that was the main point of the project.

Scifi_TK_WIP_11.jpgScifi_TK_WIP_12.jpg