Z:BP Nelly, Samson & Silas WIP 4

Samson is more or less done, even with those crazy eyes. Did the white on Nelly, and man did my white mojo leave the building. Only did Silas’ bow, so no pics (spoiler: it’s awful).

Nelly_WIP_5.jpgNelly_WIP_6.jpg
Samson_WIP_7.jpgSamson_WIP_8.jpg

They do look decent at a tabletop distance, which I guess is the point. Still, pretty humbling return to painting…

Z:BP Nelly, Samson & Silas WIP 3

Quick session, about an hour mostly focusing on greys/metals. Pretty close to wrapping up Samson, who was pretty simple, color-wise. Super messy, but they look good on the table.

Nelly_WIP_4.jpgSilas_WIP_4.jpg
Samson_WIP_5.jpgSamson_WIP_6.jpg

Z:BP Nelly, Samson & Silas WIP 2

Flesh tones today. As usual, the faces on these casts leave a lot to be desired. I didn’t try too hard to get the eyes in on any of them…and I gave up completely on Samson. There’s just nothing to paint even remotely symmetrically.

Nelly_WIP_3.jpgSilas_WIP_3.jpg
Samson_WIP_3.jpgSamson_WIP_4.jpg

Imperial Assault: Stormtroopers and Officer

I whipped off a quick Imperial Officer to lead those Stormtroopers! Less than two hours!

Group_1.jpg

Imperial_Officer_1.jpgImperial_Officer_2.jpg

Stormtroopers_1.jpgStormtroopers_2.jpg

Took pics before sealing them, in case I royally screw up the brush on gloss varnish, which I’ve never used before. I’ll probably just leave the Imps on black bases because it looks cool.

Imperial Assault: Stormtroopers WIP 1

Nice palette cleanser after all that skin tone work, some Stormtroopers. Painted super quick (for me) roughly following a tutorial for painting Sedition Wars Vanguards by Ali McVey. I mixed all the colors (such as they are) from black, white and sapphire blue. Minis are not the best casts, so I didn’t bother cleaning them up or putting much effort into being neat!

First I base coated the primed minis with a desaturated blue/grey (middle mini not base coated).

Stormtroopers_WIP_1.jpg

Then I washed with a light black wash (middle mini not washed).

Stormtroopers_WIP_2.jpg

Everyone gets the blacks filled in.

Stormtroopers_WIP_3.jpg

Re-establish the base coat (middle mini not re-coated).

Stormtroopers_WIP_4.jpg

Then I forgot to take pics 🙂 I mixed more white into the blue/grey base coat for an initial ‘white’. Then I finished it off with just a bit of the blue grey in my white pool.

Stormtroopers_WIP_5.jpg

Just a few touch ups and I’ll paint the bases and call them done. Quick and dirty!

Kingdom Death: Monster – Zachary

This guy took a while and is probably over the top for a gaming mini, but I present Zachary of the First Story of Kingdom Death: Monster!

Zachary_1a.jpg
Zachary_2a.jpgZachary_3a.jpg
Zachary_4a.jpg
Zachary_5a.jpgZachary_6a.jpg

Flesh tones are basically what I used for Rollo last winter. Golden Highlight, Tanned Skin, Redstone Highlight, Russet Brown. I subbed in VGC Ivory for Linen White. I added Muddy Soil to deepen the shadows and create some definition in them.

The cloth is basically Alien Flesh shaded with P3 Coal Black and tinted with glazes of Camo Green. Highlights mixed in Ivory and I deepened the shadows, mixing Walnut Brown into the Coal Black.

The slight bit of NMM was that Coal Black/Walnut Brown mix brought up with Alien Flesh and Ivory. For the base, I just tried to emulate the game board’s colors while sticking to colors used on the mini previously.

Kingdom Death: Survivors WIP 13

Started off tonight’s session by finishing up the skirt with some glazes and highlights.

Zachary_WIP_21.jpgZachary_WIP_22.jpg

Then I did the lamp and the base.

Zachary_WIP_23.jpgZachary_WIP_24.jpg

Yep, that’s a bad phone pic of the finished paint job. Won’t be able to do a proper pic until I get out of this cast and can finish the project in my den that I began before I broke my toe. Photo setup is in there, though I may have to make another temp setup before then…

Kingdom Death: Monster Survivors WIP 12

You know the drill, another short session. We’re getting there, though!

Zachary_WIP_19.jpgZachary_WIP_20.jpg

This session focused on the cloth again, deepening the rough shadows and then using glazes to smooth things out and then highlight upwards.

Kingdom Death: Monster Survivors WIP 11

Another really quick session today, took a while to get going. I did manage to transfer my P3 Coal Black to a dropper bottle, though!

Zachary_WIP_17.jpgZachary_WIP_18.jpg

I did a glaze of a yellow green on the cloth and then roughed in some shadows. Like….really rough, so I called it a day before I really messed anything up! But it does give the feel of what I’m going for, especially the front parts.