This one took a while. Not only are these plates challenging to learn, working with graphite on newsprint was a bad idea. Eh, I try things, sometimes they don’t work out. It was good practice due to the struggle for shading, though! Here’s the completed drawing:
And the work in progress shots, if you’re interested in the process.
Working on the 2nd stage mannikins from Loomis’ Figure Drawing. These are really helping my visualize proportions. Besides adding a bit more structure, it’s getting a feel for the gesture of the bones and simplifies the 8-head scale into quarters (mostly for the lower half).
I did a drawing using a promo statue of Darth Malgus as reference. I started it on May 4th for a Star Wars project, but I also wanted to practice working from a live reference rather than a drawing copy. Graphite 9×12.